Rehab Coverage: United HealthCare
If you or someone you love needs help with Substance Abuse Disorder, UnitedHealth may cover some or most of your treatment costs. As the largest insurance provider in the world, United has many policies that offer varying amounts of coverage for rehab. The easiest way to see what your plan covers is to call us at 503-850-2474. We can verify your benefits with United quickly, discreetly, and for free.
Ready to take your life back?
Call (503) 850-2474
About Anthem HealthSCOPE
HealthSCOPE Benefits is headquartered in Arkansas and is the third largest TPA (third-party-administrator) in the US with more than 800 employees dedicated to serving clients’ varying and unique insurance interests . HealthSCOPE administers claims in every state of the US and has successfully helped people manage their healthcare for over 30 years. Their exceptional program planning has resulted in trusted, long-standing relationships with their corporate clients.
Addictions that UnitedHealthcare May Cover:
United Healthcare plans may cover most or part of treatment for substance abuse that includes:
- Heroin or Fentanyl
- Prescription Pills
Ready to take your life back?
Call (503) 850-2474
Tree House Recovery
Rehab You Only Need Once:
Our goal is helping you create a lifestyle that will sustain long term sobriety. Rather than white knuckle your way through every day, we want to empower you to live an adventurous and connected life as your most confident and empowered self. This means optimizing your:
- SOCIAL FITNESS: Bond Deeply. Humans were not meant to live isolated, and isolation is one of sobriety’s adversaries. By attending treatment together with your teammates and working together to accomplish amazing physical feats, you’ll forge lifelong friendships and trust. You’ll leave with a network of support and the skills to build more close bonds.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS: Get Strong. Exercise is a tool that improves mood and decreases stress and cravings. Over the long term, research has shown that exercise can undo the neurological effects of addiction. Your body is a machine and the product of chemistry, we’ll teach you how to control that chemistry.
- MENTAL FITNESS: Build a Better Perspective. Our thoughts and emotions determine our actions. We use the best evidence-based practices to help you identify triggers, regulate emotions, and combat distorted ways of thinking that feed your addiction. As you become more mentally healthy, your addiction grows weaker.
Cost of Out of Network Care:
In general, United will not offer much or any coverage for out of network care. Still, there are exceptions depending on your policy. If Tree House Recovery is outside of your UnitedHealthcare network, you still have options. For one, if you have a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) plan, there’s a good chance your plan will offer some coverage. However, you can also
- Try to make a single-case agreement with United to receive in-network coverage
- Get financing from a private lender (many have deals with rehab facilities)
- Submit a claim to United for partial reimbursement
- Set up a payment plan with your rehab of choice.
Levels of Care That UnitedHealthcare May Cover:
There are five different levels of care used to treat addiction. Arranged from highest to lowest, these are detox, inpatient, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient. Where you start and how many levels you need generally depend on your substance abuse disorder's severity.
Detox: If you experience physical withdrawals when you stop your drug of choice, you should always start your recovery at a medically supervised detox facility. You'll receive 24-hour medical supervision and medications to keep you safe and comfortable while narcotics exit your body.
Inpatient: Inpatient is a step down from detox where you live in a medical facility, attend group or individual therapy, and get resources to help you choose a PHP program. The purpose of rehab is typically to address any complications from detox before you begin treatment at the PHP level.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): PHP can be a starting point for rehab or step down from detox or inpatient care. Regardless, PHP is where the most intensive treatment occurs to help understand your addiction by identifying its causes and learning to be happy with chemical help. Tree House Recovery's PHP is 5-6 hours a day for 5 days a week for 3 months.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): IOP can be a starting point for less severe addictions, but at Tree House, it is a step down from PHP that lasts 2 months for 3-5 hours a day, 5 days a week. It builds on the programming of PHP and helps you smoothly transition out of rehab with resume building workshops, leadership training, social workshopping, and relapse prevention strategies.
Outpatient: Outpatient or aftercare takes place 1-3 hours per week with a trained addiction counselor. Usually, aftercare focuses on helping people who've recently finished rehab process any challenges that come up as they begin their new sober life.
How Do I Begin Recovery?
The first step is to figure out what the cost of your treatment will be by verifying your benefits. If you’re interested in learning more about Tree House Recovery’s program or what your United plan will cover, call us 503-850-2474.