addiction intervention

Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment:

Will My Health Insurance Cover Rehab? 

Rehab for Substance Abuse Disorder is an essential healthcare service that all insurance companies most provide some coverage for. Of course, the amount of coverage you receive will depend on your policy and what level of care you need.

The quickest way to figure out the exact cost of your treatment is to call (503) 850-2474 and let us check your benefits by speaking with your insurance. This service is free, confidential, will save you time, and carries no obligations. In return, you'll know what your treatment costs will be. 

Private Insurance Carriers | Typically Accepted

Types of Plans that Cover Rehab for Substance Abuse: 

Although there are many different private insurance companies, there are only two main kinds of plans -- PPOs and HMOs. 

PPO (Preferred Provider Organization):

The term "preferred provider" in PPO refers to the fact that you have more freedom to choose a healthcare provider that you prefer. PPO plans give you an extensive network of options to choose from, and when you attend one of these options, your insurance plan will share the cost with you. Several PPO plans may partially reimburse you if you want to see a provider that's not in this network. 

HMO (Health Maintenance Organization): 

Like PPO's, HMO's give you a network of healthcare providers that you can see for a reduced cost. This is called seeing an in-network provider. But unlike a PPO, these options are more limited, and coverage is usually not provided for out of network care. So if you want therapy outside your network, the costs may not be covered.

Can I Go to Out-of-Network Rehab? 

Choosing an out-of-network rehab does not necessarily mean your costs will be higher. If you have a PPO, there's a good chance that it will provide some coverage for out-of-network care. We can also set up a payment plan to make costs reasonable or help you file a reimbursement claim to your insurance.

Levels Of Care Your Policy May Cover: 

Coverage for rehab often depends on what level of care you need. Higher levels of care are more specialized, expensive, and may not receive as much coverage as lower levels. The best way to be sure is to call (503) 850-2474 so that we can break down your costs. 

Medically Supervised Detox:

Long time drug or alcohol abuse makes your brain and body physically dependent on the substances to the point where it's painful to be sober. Detox ends this dependence in a safe and comfortable environment where medical professionals provide 24-hour supervision and medications to ease withdrawal symptoms. Detox should always be the first part of your rehab. 

Inpatient Rehab:

Inpatient or residential rehab is the second-highest level of care. You live in a medical facility where you receive care, therapy, and resources to help you choose a PHP program. Some people may decide to skip inpatient rehab after detox, but this depends on their addiction's severity. 

Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP):

PHP is the third-highest level of care. PHP often is not in a medical facility, instead counselors and therapists help you learn to live an empowered and enjoyable life without substances. At Tree House Recovery, PHP includes things like:

Group Therapies: Make Meaningful Bonds. We workshop social and professional skills that bind you to your teammates and help you create multiple networks of support after graduation. You'll also attend group counseling meetings to share struggles and receive Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Experiential Therapy

One-on-One Therapy: Create a Healthy Headspace. Our 1-on-1 therapy uses evidence-based practices(Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing

Exercise Therapy: Get Stronger. Exercise creates endorphins that improve mood, reduce stress, curb cravings, and reduce PAWS symptoms. It's a holistic strategy you can use after graduation to regulate your mood and control cravings. 

Writing Therapy: Be Heard. Our writing therapy helps uncover past traumas or incidents that contributed to the cause of your substance abuse. Once you're aware of these traumas, you can stop repressing them and remove the power they hold.

Yoga Therapy: Mastering Emotions. Yoga is about staying present. "If you're living in the past, you're depressed. If you're living in the future, you're anxious. But if you're at peace, you're living in the present." -- Lao Tzu. We use techniques from Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) to help you deal with stress, anxiety, depression, and cravings.

Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): 

IOP can be a starting point for milder cases of addiction or a step down from PHP. Our IOP treatment is 3-5 hours a day for five days every week and builds on the habits learned during PHP.  

Outpatient (OP): 

OP (or Aftercare) is the lowest level of care and is usually for people who have finished a rehab program. In Aftercare, you check in with a trained counselor a few times per week to problem-solve any challenges to your sobriety after rehab. At Tree House Recovery, we provide three one-hour evening sessions of OP a week.

Addictions Typically Covered by Insurance:

  • Heroin or Fentanyl Addiction
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Alcohol Addiction
  • Benzodiazepine (Xanax, Valium) Addiction
  • Pain Pill Addiction  
  • Methamphetamine Addiction
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Crack Addiction

Does Coverage Depend on The Abused Substance?

The short answer is yes, your coverage can vary depending on what substance you're quitting. This is because some substances need a higher level of care, while others may not. For instance, quitting alcohol cold-turkey can be life-threatening, so your insurance may offer coverage for detox. But if you were quitting marijuana, it's unlikely that you'd get coverage for detox. 

Start Your Recovery Today:

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 91.5% of Americans have health insurance that coverage helps make healthcare needs more affordable and more available when you need it. Don't wait to reach out. Call (503) 850-2474.